Museum Angewandte Kunst, Frankfurt am Main
Below you will find detailed information on how we handle your data in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO).
1. Name and contact details of the data controller and the data protection officer.
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Museum Angewandte Kunst, Schaumainkai 17, 60594 Frankfurt am Main,
Director: Prof. Matthias Wagner K
Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection and IT Security Department
Sandgasse 6, 60311 Frankfurt am Main
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.museumangewandtekunst.de, information is automatically sent to our website server by the browser used on your end device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automatic deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- name and URL of the file accessed,
- website from which the access was made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection set-up of the website,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
- evaluating system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
b) When registering for our newsletter
If you have expressly consented in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. a DS-GVO, we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide an e-mail address.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send your unsubscribe request at any time by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Transfer of data
Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DS-GVO,
- the disclosure is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in the non-disclosure of your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DS-GVO, as well as
- this is legally permissible and necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. b DS-GVO.
Information is stored in the cookie that is related to the specific end device used. However, this does not mean that we gain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a certain fixed period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it is automatically recognised that you have already been to our site and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
5. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure a needs-oriented design and the continuous optimisation of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
b) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”), for the purpose of demand-oriented design and ongoing optimisation of our pages. In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see under point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server request,
are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and the design of these Internet pages in line with requirements. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymised so that an allocation is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will be set that prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found, for example, in the Google Analytics Help
6. Social media plug-ins
We use social plug-ins from the social network Instagram on our website on the basis of Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO in order to make our offer better known. The underlying purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. The responsibility for data protection-compliant operation is to be ensured by their respective providers. We integrate these plug-ins using the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors to our website as best as possible.
Our website also uses so-called social plugins (“plugins”) from Instagram, which is operated by Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA (“Instagram”).
The plugins are marked with an Instagram logo, for example in the form of an “Instagram camera”.
When you call up a page of our website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Instagram servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Instagram directly to your browser and integrated into the page. Through this integration, Instagram receives the information that your browser has called up the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have an Instagram profile or are not currently logged in to Instagram.
This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to an Instagram server in the USA and stored there. If you are logged in to Instagram, Instagram can directly assign your visit to our website to your Instagram account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking the “Instagram” button, this information is also transmitted directly to an Instagram server and stored there.
If you do not want Instagram to directly assign the data collected via our website to your Instagram account, you must log out of Instagram before visiting our website.
7. Data subject rights
You have the right to:
- In accordance with Art. 15 DS-GVO, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DS-GVO, to demand the immediate correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 DS-GVO, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 DS-GVO, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DS-GVO;
- pursuant to Art. 20 DS-GVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller;
- revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DS-GVO. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future; and
- complain to the competent supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DS-GVO. The competent supervisory authority is: The Hessian Data Protection Commissioner, P.O. Box 3163, 65021 Wiesbaden, telephone: 0611/1408 – 0, email@example.com.
8. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DS-GVO, insofar as there are grounds for doing so which arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Data security
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. Usually this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
10. Topicality and amendment of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status May 2018.
Due to the further development of our website and offers on it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. The current data protection declaration can be accessed and printed out at any time on the website at http://www.museumangewandtekunst.de/de/home/datenschutz.html.
11. Liability for contents in the app
The contents of the app were created with the utmost care. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness and up-to-dateness of the content. As a service provider, we are responsible for our own content on these pages in accordance with § 7 para. 1 TMG (German Telemedia Act). However, according to §§ 8 to 10 TMG, we are not obliged as a service provider to monitor transmitted or stored third-party information or to investigate circumstances that indicate illegal activity. Obligations to remove or block the use of information in accordance with general laws remain unaffected by this. However, liability in this respect is only possible from the time of knowledge of a concrete infringement. If we become aware of any such infringements, we will remove the relevant content immediately.
Liability for links in the app
Our website contains links to external websites of third parties over whose content we have no influence. Therefore, we cannot assume any liability for these external contents. The respective provider or operator of the pages is always responsible for the content of the linked pages. The linked pages were checked for possible legal violations at the time of linking. Illegal contents were not recognisable at the time of linking. However, permanent monitoring of the content of the linked pages is not reasonable without concrete indications of a legal violation. If we become aware of any infringements, we will remove such links immediately.
Insofar as personal data (e.g. name, address or e-mail addresses) is collected in the app, this is always done on a voluntary basis as far as possible. The offers and services can, as far as possible, always be used without providing personal data. We would like to point out that data transmission on the Internet (e.g. communication by e-mail) can have security gaps. Complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible. The use of contact data published within the framework of the imprint obligation by third parties for the purpose of sending advertising and information material not expressly requested is hereby expressly prohibited. The operators of the pages expressly reserve the right to take legal action in the event of the unsolicited sending of advertising information, e.g. by spam mails.
In this app, data is collected and stored using the web analysis service software Matomo (www.matomo.org), a service of the provider InnoCraft Ltd, 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand, (“Mataomo”), on the basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behaviour pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO. Pseudonymised user profiles can be created and evaluated from this data for the same purpose. Cookies are not stored, the IP address is anonymised and old visitor logs are automatically deleted.